Residential, Commercial and
Utility-scale Battery Storage
Countries of manufacture: USA, Netherlands
Presence in Australia: Yes
Warranty: 2-10 years depending on product
Tesla Solar Power Sydney, Brisbane & Sunshine Coast
Product Snapshot: Tesla Powerwall 2 – for Residential & small Commercial Projects
- Can be mounted on the wall or floor, indoors or outdoors.
- Comes with a fully integrated Tesla inverter.
- 13.5 kWh usable capacity.
- 5 kW continuous and 7 kW peak power output.
- 90% round trip efficiency.
- Operating Temperature –20°C to 50°C.
- Ten-year warranty.
- Dimensions: 1150 mm x 755 mm x 155 mm (45.3 in x 29.7 in x 6.1 in)”.
- Add up to 10 Powerwall 2 units together to increase storage capacity
Tesla Powerwall 2 - Downloads
GEM Energy’s EvaluationPowerwall 2 gets full points for its slick and chic look. It is efficient, comes with a great warranty and has a very small footprint, so it is a great solution where limited space is an issue. Powerwall 2 is also rated for temperatures -20°C to 50°C, making it perfect for Australian conditions. This sophisticated battery is an excellent choice for hybrid solar installations and can be used for peak shaving, also known as peak demand management, at larger commercial sites. Scores 10/10.
Product Snapshot: Tesla Powerpack – for Commercial & Utility-Scale Projects
- Rated for outdoor use (IP67).
- Easy installation and integration.
- Modular design to suit any application.
- Capacity of 210 kWh (AC) per Powerpack.
- Infinite scalability.
- Fully integrated, AC connected solution.
- Efficient, high performance.
- Long service life.
- 100% DoD (Depth of Discharge).
- Operating temperature -20°C to 50°C.
- Internal liquid Temperature Control System for maximum performance in all climates (modified from Model S cooling system).
- Increased safety through hundreds of sensors monitoring battery cells (modified from Model S battery monitoring system).
- Unique build architecture with 16 individual battery pods, each with an isolated DC-DC converter, ensuring maximum performance and enabling you to swap battery pods.
- Ability to charge or discharge instantly.
GEM Energy’s EvaluationIn early 2017, GEM Energy installed 100kW of Solar PV with 210 kWh of Tesla Powerpack battery storage at Rockhampton Cathedral College, and the results have been amazing. Powerpacks are efficient, reliable and extremely versatile, making them the perfect choice for large-scale solar battery storage. They are suitable for hybrid solar installations as well as for peak shaving, also known as peak demand management, at commercial sites. Scores 10/10.
Tesla Powerpack - Downloads
GEM Energy is proud to offer the installation of Tesla Destination Chargers.
Tesla Destination Chargers
Tesla Motors’ rapidly growing electric vehicle (EV) charging network keeps Tesla EV owners charged up while they are on holidays or business trips.
As they tend to plan their stays around available charging stations, hospitality-based businesses such as restaurants, hotels, and resorts can gain extra exposure and patronage by installing a Tesla Destination Charger.Find out more about this exciting, cost-effective opportunity to raise the profile of your business.
Destination Charger Brochure for Download
|Tesla Destination Charger|
|Destination Charging Intro Brochure|
So You’re Looking For a Tesla? Look No Further.
What our customers say about us
The work was completed in conjunction with our business needs and everyone from GEM Energy involved with the installation was professional, competent and courteous to the YMCA staff and our patrons.