How do Solar Panels work?
Unlike solar hot water, solar power panels work on light and not heat which seems to be a common misconception. Solar panels will actually become less efficient as it gets hotter.
During the day the photovoltaic cells (solar cells) absorb light and convert it to DC electricity. This electricity is then fed down to the Inverter that converts the electricity to 240v AC which is then usable by your home and the grid.
In Queensland the solar bonus scheme is ‘net metered’ which means that any electricity being used at home during the day is primarily taken from the solar power. Any extra electricity or energy that is being produced by the solar panels will automatically be fed down the power lines back to the grid. When you need more power than the solar panels are producing then it will take what it can from the solar and will take the extra electricity that is needed from the grid.
This process is fully automated and no battery storage is involved.
Provided you buy a good quality system such as those installed by GEM Energy Australia, solar power is completely safe and will include typically at least four isolators protecting your solar system and your electrical network. Poor quality components will fail over time and can cause fires. Unfortunately, minimum fire ratings were only introduced in July 2013 which means there are a lot of solar energy panels out there without the sufficient safety ratings.
On top of excellent energy productivity and the ability to withstand cyclones, solar panels also need to be proven safe. We need to remember that powerful amounts of electricity are being channeled through your solar PV system, so you want to be sure that your panels have been subject to stringent quality control procedures to ensure your safety and that of your home or business.
The Bloomberg New Energy Finance has created a Tier list of solar panel manufacturers to:
- differentiate proven and financially stable manufacturers in the solar industry, giving you peace of mind that your solar module supplier will be around in the future (this is often called “bankability”);
- differentiate manufacturers that own their own production capacity, meaning that they produce all product components themselves;
- differentiate manufacturers that use fully automated production processes, thereby reducing human error and achieving consistently high quality products.
(Source: Pike Research)
Warranty, Manufacturer and Product Safety Information
Questions to ask:
- Are the panels cyclone proof?
- Are the panels salt mist and ammonia corrosion warranted?
- Who provides warranty for the panels and where is the warranty held?
- What is the process for warranty replacements if you are not in business?
- Are there stringent quality control procedures in place?
- How long has the manufacturer been operating?
- Is the manufacturer “Tier 1” approved?
|Presence in Australia (Warranty & Service)||Country of Manufacture||Product Warranty||Performance Warranty||Temperature Co-efficient (The lower the better)||Junction Box IP rating (The higher the better)||Anti-PID as standard||Tier Ranking|
|Q CELLS||Yes||Germany, China, Malaysia, South Korea||12 years||25 years||-0.40%||IP67 or 68||Yes||1|
|SunPower||yes||Philippines||25 years||25 years, made up of 95/97% for first 5 years, −0.4/0.6%/yr. to year 25||-0.38%||IP65||Yes||1|
|Phono Solar||Yes||China||12 years||25 years||-0.41%||IP68||Yes||1|
|Canadian Solar||Yes||Canada, China, Vietnam||10 years||25 years||-0.41%||IP67||No||1|
|Trina||Yes||China||10 years||25 or 30 years||-0.39%||IP65 or 67||No||1|
|LG Solar||Yes||Korea plus various sites in Asia, North & South America and Europe||15 years||25 years||-0.38%||IP68||No||1|
|Risen Energy||Yes||China||12 years||25 years||-0.39%||IP67||No||1|
|Lightway||Yes||China||10 years||25 years||-0.39%||IP65||No||1|
|Tindo Solar||Yes||Australia||10 years||25 years||N/A||IP65 or 67||No||N/A|
|Jinko Solar||Yes||China, Malaysia, South Africa, Portugal||10 years||25 years||-0.40%||IP65||No||1|
|Solar World||No||Germany, USA||10 years||25 or 30 years||-0.41%||IP65||No||1|
|REC Solar||Yes||Norway, Singapore, USA||10 years||25 years||-0.40%||IP67||No||1|
Look No Further. Get Started Today.
What our customers say about us
Solar Panels Redlands:
It has become apparent over recent years that Solar Energy and the installation of Solar Panels is the way of the future, due to the number of beneficial factors it has on offer. These benefits do not only extend to residential homes around the nation, Australia wide, but schools and commercial spaces also. The installation of solar panels Redlands has a massive effect on both your finances and the health of our environment through the sheer powerful nature of storing the sun’s energy in our advanced and innovative battery packs during the day to then generate power at night. Known for its hot climate and powerful sun rays, Redlands offers the perfect pairing and the clear choice for investing in solar power. By installing solar panels, you are not only decreasing your carbon, obtaining efficient energy, and lowering your power bills, what more could you ask for? At GEM Energy, we proudly possess the experience, knowledge and expertise to be able to offer you different options to best suit your needs and lifestyle. The rise of electricity prices is inevitable, and there doesn’t seem to be much relief in sight, which is why now is the best time to invest in your very own solar panels and take the leap into the solar-powered generation. There is no better place to do it then sunny Queensland. At GEM Energy we are here to help you achieve just that, and we guarantee you will not be disappointed.
As previously stated, the benefits of investing in solar panels and solar power in Redlands is extensive, some of which include:
- Beneficial to our environment by lowering our carbon footprint
- Provides a renewable energy source
- Saving you money by lower power bills
- Creating more curbside appeal to your property
- Very low to no maintenance required
With all that said, it is no wonder why choosing to invest in solar panels Redlands is the best option moving forward into the future of renewable and independent energy.
Why GEM Energy:
Established in 2013, at GEM Energy, we have seen our successful reputation skyrocket through our passion for customer satisfaction and experience. Proudly servicing Redlands and its surrounds for many years, focused on transforming Redlands homes, schools and commercial spaces through our professional solar panel installations. We understand that you have countless options when it comes to solar panel installation Redlands. However, we also know that with our competitive prices and second to none craftsmanship and service, GEM Energy can not be beaten. We have an individual approach and customise your experience and product to ensure we meet all of your needs and requirements. We are passionate about our clients saving money on their power bills and providing them with the high sort after energy independence that they deserve. This is proven time and time again through our long-standing history of ecstatic customers. If you are looking for a premium product, expert knowledge and skill and superior customer experience, GEM Energy has you covered. Quality is paramount in every aspect of our work, and we continue to provide nothing less than excellence. Gem Energy strives to maintain our name of being solar power industry leaders throughout Redlands, so you can trust in us to always deliver from the moment you contact us to the second our work is complete. You may be asking yourself, what exactly does GEM Energy do that sets us apart from the rest, well just to name a few:
- Turn-Key Solutions – Design, Engineering, Procurement, Project Management, Installation, Commissioning and Asset Management.
- Off-grid, Remote, and Hybrid Energy Systems Custom-designed power supplies for any operation in any location.
- Power Factor Correction and Voltage Optimization – Making your operation more efficient.
- UPS and Business Continuance Systems – Keep your power on when the grid is down.
- Smart Energy Management Systems – Remote Monitoring and Control of pumps, Lighting plants, CCTV stations and more.
- Utility-scale Battery Storage Systems – The future is here: Produce your own energy during the day and store it in batteries to be used at night.
- Asset Management – Free post-installation support for up to three years.
- Large-scale Solar PV – Commercial, Industrial, and Power Purchase Agreements.
- Energy Monitoring and Consultancy – Performance and analysis tools to pinpoint inefficiencies, live-track your solar system and more.
- Commercial and Industrial LED Lighting Solutions – LED Lighting upgrades to save money and energy.
- Tri-generation and Co-Generation Energy Systems – Implement more than one source of power generation to your operation.
- Solar Irrigation – Our custom-designed solar irrigation systems make economic and ecological sense.
At GEM Energy, our incredible staff are the epitome of a tight-knit team and possess a strong dynamic through our aligned passion and commitment to reliability, quality and service. Our team consists of talented, even prize-winning electrical engineers, skilled installers from around the country, qualified finance experts as well as knowledgeable sales and customer service staff.
As there seems to be no end in sight when it comes to the growth of energy bill prices – the cost of solar panels and systems Redlands remain cost-effective – it is no wonder why consumers across the nation are making the switch. If you are looking to invest in guaranteed a high-quality product, service and experience, then contact GEM Energy today to find out more. We look forward to assisting you to put more money in your pocket while also doing your part for the environment.