How do Solar Panels work?
Unlike solar hot water, solar power panels work on light and not heat which seems to be a common misconception. Solar panels will actually become less efficient as it gets hotter.
During the day the photovoltaic cells (solar cells) absorb light and convert it to DC electricity. This electricity is then fed down to the Inverter that converts the electricity to 240v AC which is then usable by your home and the grid.
In Queensland the solar bonus scheme is ‘net metered’ which means that any electricity being used at home during the day is primarily taken from the solar power. Any extra electricity or energy that is being produced by the solar panels will automatically be fed down the power lines back to the grid. When you need more power than the solar panels are producing then it will take what it can from the solar and will take the extra electricity that is needed from the grid.
This process is fully automated and no battery storage is involved.
Provided you buy a good quality system such as those installed by GEM Energy Australia, solar power is completely safe and will include typically at least four isolators protecting your solar system and your electrical network. Poor quality components will fail over time and can cause fires. Unfortunately, minimum fire ratings were only introduced in July 2013 which means there are a lot of solar energy panels out there without the sufficient safety ratings.
On top of excellent energy productivity and the ability to withstand cyclones, solar panels also need to be proven safe. We need to remember that powerful amounts of electricity are being channeled through your solar PV system, so you want to be sure that your panels have been subject to stringent quality control procedures to ensure your safety and that of your home or business.
The Bloomberg New Energy Finance has created a Tier list of solar panel manufacturers to:
- differentiate proven and financially stable manufacturers in the solar industry, giving you peace of mind that your solar module supplier will be around in the future (this is often called “bankability”);
- differentiate manufacturers that own their own production capacity, meaning that they produce all product components themselves;
- differentiate manufacturers that use fully automated production processes, thereby reducing human error and achieving consistently high quality products.
(Source: Pike Research)
Warranty, Manufacturer and Product Safety Information
Questions to ask:
- Are the panels cyclone proof?
- Are the panels salt mist and ammonia corrosion warranted?
- Who provides warranty for the panels and where is the warranty held?
- What is the process for warranty replacements if you are not in business?
- Are there stringent quality control procedures in place?
- How long has the manufacturer been operating?
- Is the manufacturer “Tier 1” approved?
|Presence in Australia (Warranty & Service)||Country of Manufacture||Product Warranty||Performance Warranty||Temperature Co-efficient (The lower the better)||Junction Box IP rating (The higher the better)||Anti-PID as standard||Tier Ranking|
|Q CELLS||Yes||Germany, China, Malaysia, South Korea||12 years||25 years||-0.40%||IP67 or 68||Yes||1|
|SunPower||yes||Philippines||25 years||25 years, made up of 95/97% for first 5 years, −0.4/0.6%/yr. to year 25||-0.38%||IP65||Yes||1|
|Phono Solar||Yes||China||12 years||25 years||-0.41%||IP68||Yes||1|
|Canadian Solar||Yes||Canada, China, Vietnam||10 years||25 years||-0.41%||IP67||No||1|
|Trina||Yes||China||10 years||25 or 30 years||-0.39%||IP65 or 67||No||1|
|LG Solar||Yes||Korea plus various sites in Asia, North & South America and Europe||15 years||25 years||-0.38%||IP68||No||1|
|Risen Energy||Yes||China||12 years||25 years||-0.39%||IP67||No||1|
|Lightway||Yes||China||10 years||25 years||-0.39%||IP65||No||1|
|Tindo Solar||Yes||Australia||10 years||25 years||N/A||IP65 or 67||No||N/A|
|Jinko Solar||Yes||China, Malaysia, South Africa, Portugal||10 years||25 years||-0.40%||IP65||No||1|
|Solar World||No||Germany, USA||10 years||25 or 30 years||-0.41%||IP65||No||1|
|REC Solar||Yes||Norway, Singapore, USA||10 years||25 years||-0.40%||IP67||No||1|
Look No Further. Get Started Today.
What our customers say about us
Solar Panels Toowoomba:
Due to the definite advantages provided by Solar Panels nation-wide throughout Australia, it is clear why they are becoming more and more increasingly popular over the recent years. Whether you are looking to install a solar panel system in a school, a commercial space or your home, the advantages that solar panels produce both on the environment and your pockets are mind-blowing. Solar Power Toowoomba is the way of the future in generating energy by innovatively storing energy from our powerful sun throughout the day in our advanced battery systems and using it to produce power at night. Toowoomba has proven to provide the ultimate climate for a reliable and efficient energy solution. With the benefits of energy efficiency, lowering our carbon footprint and plummeting our power bills, either for your home, business or organisation, it is obvious why many are choosing to switch. At GEM Energy, we have the experience, insight and expertise to offer you the options that align with your needs and lifestyle. Electricity prices are regularly and consistently on the rise with no relief in sight, now is a better time than ever to invest in solar panels and jump into the solar-powered generation and there is no better place to do it then sunny Toowoomba, Queensland. At GEM Energy we are here to help you achieve just that, and we guarantee you will not be disappointed.
The benefits of investing in solar panels and solar power in Toowoomba is exponential, some of which include but are not limited to:
- Beneficial to our environment by lowering our carbon footprint
- Provides a renewable energy source
- Saving you money by lower power bills
- Creating more curbside appeal to your property
- Very low to no maintenance required
With all that said, it is no wonder why choosing to invest in solar panels Toowoomba is the best option moving into the future of renewable and independent energy.
Why GEM Energy:
GEM Energy was first established in 2013, and since then we have become known for our genuine passion for customer satisfaction and experience. From our convenient location in Toowoomba, Queensland, we have been transforming homes, schools and commercial spaces through our professional solar panel installations for many years. We appreciate your endless options when it comes to solar panel providers Toowoomba. However, we are confident that through our competitive prices and second to none service, GEM Energy stands head and shoulders above the rest. We have a personalised approach and customise your experience and product to ensure we meet your needs and lifestyle. We are passionate about our clients saving money on their power bills while assisting them in achieving the high sort after energy independence that they deserve. If you are looking for a world-class product, expert knowledge and skill and a superior customer experience, GEM Energy is here for you. Quality is essential and is expected in every aspect of our work, and we continue to provide nothing less than the best. You can trust in GEM Energy to always uphold our promise to deliver from the moment you contact us to the minute our work is complete. You may be asking yourself, what exactly does GEM Energy do that sets us apart from the rest, well just to name a few:
- Turn-Key Solutions – Design, Engineering, Procurement, Project Management, Installation, Commissioning and Asset Management.
- Off-grid, Remote, and Hybrid Energy Systems Custom-designed power supplies for any operation in any location.
- Power Factor Correction and Voltage Optimization – Making your operation more efficient.
- UPS and Business Continuance Systems – Keep your power on when the grid is down.
- Smart Energy Management Systems – Remote Monitoring and Control of pumps, Lighting plants, CCTV stations and more.
- Utility-scale Battery Storage Systems – The future is here: Produce your own energy during the day and store it in batteries to be used at night.
- Asset Management – Free post-installation support for up to three years.
- Large-scale Solar PV – Commercial, Industrial, and Power Purchase Agreements.
- Energy Monitoring and Consultancy – Performance and analysis tools to pinpoint inefficiencies, live-track your solar system and more.
- Commercial and Industrial LED Lighting Solutions – LED Lighting upgrades to save money and energy.
- Tri-generation and Co-Generation Energy Systems – Implement more than one source of power generation to your operation.
- Solar Irrigation – Our custom-designed solar irrigation systems make economic and ecological sense.
At the heart of GEM Energy is our incredible team. Over time, we have built up a tight-knit and strong dynamic through our aligned passion and commitment to reliability, quality and service. Our team consists of talented, even prize-winning electrical engineers, skilled installers from around the country, qualified finance experts as well as knowledgeable sales and customer service staff.
As energy bills continue to grow while the price of solar panels and systems Toowoomba remain cost-effective, it is no wonder why the popularity of solar power and solar panels Toowoomba is on the rise and consumers across the nation are making the switch. If you are looking to invest in guaranteed a high-quality product, service and experience, then contact GEM Energy today to find out more. We look forward to assisting you to put more money in your pocket while also doing your part for the environment.